Welcome to Bears Without Borders!

*~ Not sure what to do this weekend? No worries! This is a site to share my beloved passion and experience of dining, playing, and exploring. If you love to explore, then this site is for you! If not, well, it's time to get out there! Life is too short to just sit there and rot :P Hope you enjoy your stay here! ~*

P.S. Follow me by e-mail to receive the latest news or spread the word by liking my posts on Facebook! Thanks for your help :D

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Best Fried Chicken in Town?

Rated as the Best Fried Chicken in the Toronto Life magazine, I go and try it for myself. The only option they have is the fried chicken dinner, which comes with 4 hot juicy pre-marinated fried chicken with dipping sauce, shoe strings fries, and coleslaw. The marinated flour consists of thyme and jerk seasoning, plus buttermilk and brine. I like the seasoning and flavour of the chicken... I just wish there are more pieces!!! The fries are not good but I want to try their buttermilk biscuit next time. I also come back another day to buy their pit-smoked BBQ chicken, which are only on sale 3 days a week. Although the BBQ chicken has a distinct smoky flavour, it is much too dry in texture. I way prefer the fried version anyday. They also offer other meat sandwiches and a line-up is always there any time of the day.


Food: 4/5 (rating based on fried chicken only)

Service: 3/5 (waited quite a bit for the food to come, considering it's a fast-food diner, but service is friendly)
Decor: 2.5/5 (the place is always packed and the dining space is tiny)
Price: Dishes range from $7-$14 each.

Location: 699 St. Clair Ave. W
Phone: 416-658-9666
Closed Mondays.
Website: http://thestockyards.ca/


No comments:

Post a Comment